You may have heard of various health benefits of drinking copper treated water. But you may be surprised to know that it also provides your skin with amazing anti-aging benefits as well. Regular consumption of copper-enriched water helps to get younger looking skin by improving the growth of new cells.
1. It carries proteins- Copper peptides play an important role in carrying peptides/nourishing proteins with it. This means that copper acts as the carrier of protein throughout the body which helps with nourishing the skin.
2. It acts as an antioxidant- With its anti-aging properties, copper helps with keeping the skin, eyes and hair protected from the free radical damage. Copper is required for the utilization of the most potent natural anti-oxidant enzyme called superoxide dismutase. It helps with protecting the body from aging and oxidative stress.
3. Promotes the production of collagen- Research has suggested that copper helps with the production of collagen which required for maintaining the elasticity of the skin. It also helps with the production of elastin which is found in the connective tissue of the skin which helps with the flexibility and renewal of the skin.
4. For healthy hair, skin and eyes- Sufficient amount of copper is required for the production of melanin and maintaining the natural color of hair and eyes. Copper plays an active role in the production of melanin which is responsible for the color of the skin, hair and eyes.
5. Prevents anemia- It helps the body to produce red blood cells which help in preventing anemia. It also functions to keep the immune system and nerves healthy.
Natural sources of copper
The current modern diet lacks a healthy amount of copper as these diets mainly comprise of processed food items. This is the reason why copper deficiency is on the verge of rising.
1. Drink copper charged water- Copper infused water is great for improving the overall health. Water stored in copper vessels such as copper water bottles, copper pitchers, etc. is loaded with vital nutrients which help to maintain a healthy body.
2. Include copper-rich foods in your diet- Including food items such as cashews, almonds, sesame seeds, beans, dark green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, etc. in your diet.
3. Include protein rich foods in your diet- As we start to age, our body’s collagen production starts to slow down naturally. Include food items such as eggs, milk, grains, flax seeds, grains, beans, green-leafy vegetables, red fruits and vegetables, etc. in your diet.
4. Exercise regularly- Exercise increases the blood flow which helps with nourishing the skin cells and keeping healthy.